Thorough Estate Administration And Probate Representation
Maryland Estate Planning and Probate Lawyer
|For more than 30 years The Law Office of Alan B. Frankle has provided knowledgeable legal services to people who are in the probate process. We take the time to educate our clients, and we will guide you through the entire process.|
If you are in need of legal representation in an estate administration or probate litigation, you want an attorney who understands the process and truly wants to help you reach a workable resolution.
Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your needs. You can rely on us for quality, experienced probate and estate administration representation.
Our attorney understands how difficult the probate process can be to non-lawyers, especially given that this is a stressful, emotional time. We make it our mission to simplify the process and educate you so you can make knowledgeable decisions.
We will give you straightforward advice and assistance with the following:
- Preparing documents
- Communicating or meeting with the registrar of wills
- Obtaining letters of administration
- Bills: We will hold the checkbook and take care of paying the bills
- Ensuring assets are mustered
- Ensuring appraisals take place
- Ensuring any necessary sales take place
- Closing the estate
- Distributing the estate
- Estate taxes: We also prepare the estate tax return or have relationships with a network of CPA or tax attorneys on whom we rely for complex estates
If you meet certain requirements, personal representatives may seek a simplified administration process:
- Informal administration: In Maryland, we help personal representatives seek modified administration; the time frame may be similar to a regular probate administration.
- Informal probate: In Washington, DC, we will seek informal probate for qualified estates; this streamlined process is frequently faster and simpler.
We are also experienced in ancillary administration. If you are administering a will from out of state and the estate includes property in Maryland or Washington, DC, we will represent you in the proceedings in those areas.
If a deceased person has assets that are physically held by another person, we will go to the courthouse and seek preliminary letters of administration in order to obtain the authority to retrieve these assets.
At our firm we represent personal representatives facing will contests. We have experience representing personal representatives in probate litigation over:
- Undue influence on the testator
- Abuse of a confidential relationship
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. We will help you appropriately administer an estate or litigate as necessary.